Skip to content
Scroll to Top
- Guests are requested to arrive/depart at times on the booking form unless by prior arrangement.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under the age of 18.
- The property is to be left in the same clean and tidy condition that it is found in on arrival. This includes the BBQ being clean and ashes from the fires being removed. Should you be unable to clean on day of departure our cleaner can do it for the charge of £35/cottage this is by prior arrangement.
- A £150 security deposit is required to be paid 2 weeks before the holiday and will be returned within a week of the end of the stay. If there are any breakages, excessive cleaning (at an hourly rate) and/or complaints from neighbours (party noise) costs will be taken from the deposit.
- We will hold the provisional booking for 4 workings days, giving you time to complete the booking form and send it to us with a deposit. A deposit of £100/cottage secures the booking and the balance is due 8 weeks before the holiday. Cheques should be made payable to Hereford Holiday Cottages Ltd and sent to Durstone Farm, Pencombe, Bromyard, Hereford HR7 4SD, or bank transfer.
- Cancellation; the owners reserve the right to retain the deposit. We will do our best to re-let the property and should we be successful a refund of the deposit will be made less £35 administration.
- If you let us know more than 8 weeks prior to arrival that you wish to cancel your booking, you will simply lose the £100 deposit, which is non-refundable anyway. If you let us know between 4 and 6 weeks before arrival, this will mean the loss of the 50% of the total booking fee. If you cancel within 4 weeks of arrival you will be liable for the full balance of the hire charge. We will always endeavour to re-let and reimburse you.
- In the unlikely situation of any unforeseen reason the property is unavailable (ie in case of fire/flood), and a confirmed booking has to be cancelled, we will return to the Hirer any monies paid, where upon the Owner’s liability will cease and the guest shall have no further claim. We strongly recommend that you obtain appropriate holiday insurance.
- You agree that as the property is used for short-term hire as holiday accommodation it is exempt from security of tenure under the Rent Acts.
- The Owner shall not be liable to the Hirer or third parties for any death, personal injury, accident, cancellation, damage or loss of your personal property, expense or inconvenience, which may be suffered, incurred, arise out of or in any way connected with the rental. No term of the Contract is enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of The Third Parties) Act 1999 by a person who is not a party to the Contract.
- We provide all information and all statements are made in good faith and check, so far as is reasonable. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from information given, or statements made whether orally, or in writing.
- Parents must take full responsibility for the well being and supervision of their children during their stay.
- Dogs are welcome but must be kept under control.
- The maximum accommodation capacity is 17 people for Little Cowarne Court, 22 people at Durstone Cottages, 6 at The Stables and 2 +2 at The Tack Room any requests for additional guests must be agreed by the owners before the holiday.
- We ask that our guests behave with regard for other visitors to our cottages. Any anti- social behavior will not be tolerated and the owners can request that guests leave should this be the case. The Hirer will remain liable for the whole cost of hire and no refund will be due. Amplified music is not allowed.